Guest Pass Guidelines
If you are participating in an activity within The W, swimming, basketball, climbing wall, etc., you will need to purchase a guest pass. If you are strictly watching your children as they participate in an activity, you do not need to purchase a guest pass.
Pool Parties Click Here for Pool Rules & Expectations
Racquetball Court Reservation Policies
- Reservations can be made 48 hours in advance. NO STANDING RESERVATIONS.
- Racquetball reservations can be made in person at the Welcome Desk or by calling 352-8311.
- One reservation per day per participant (reservations for 1 hour only).
- When making a reservation, you must give the name of both people who are playing. (i.e., Smith/Jones)
- Reservations can be made on the hour for an hour (i.e. 3-4 p.m., etc.)
- Participants have 10 minutes to claim their reserved court, after which it becomes first-come, first-served.
- Courts, which are not reserved, are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Courts must be vacated at the end of your reservation if others are waiting. You are not allowed to finish the game you are playing.
Pre-registration is required for all programs with the fees due and payable at the time of registration. No registration is complete until the fee is paid and your name is added to the registration list. All registrations are accepted on a first-come basis. Always use correct age/grade at the beginning of the program.
In order to keep things fair to all participants, each withdrawal from a program will be assessed a $5 processing fee whether a refund check is issued or credit is put on account. There will be no transfers. Any changes will be treated as a refund, and participants must re-register for the desired class.
No refunds will be given following the registration deadline. Each program's deadline is indicated by the through date. If a deadline date is not indicated, it will be seven calendar days prior to the program start date.
If a medical problem arises during the activity/class, a physician's written excuse must be presented stating that participation is restricted. In the case of a medical excuse, a percentage of whatever class time remains will be refunded.
If the program/activity is canceled by the department, you will have the choice of having a full refund issued to your account or a refund check issued to the person who paid for the enrollment.
Inclement Weather or Cancellations
Announcements of cancellations will be posted on the Web at www.the-w.org and aired on KWAY radio station (99.3 FM). You may also call the Welcome Desk at 319-352-8311for postponements or cancellations
Permission for Medical Treatment
Upon registering for any Community Recreation program or activity, it is assumed that in the case of a parent’s or guardian’s absence or unavailability, The W staff is authorized to arrange whatever medical treatment is considered necessary for the minor child enrolled in the activity. If a parent/guardian does not wish to authorize The W staff to arrange for medical treatment, a revocation of permission form must be filed with The W.