Students at Wartburg have a wealth of recreational and fitness options. The W combines all the amenities of a health club with facilities for indoor sports, indoor swimming, water fun and climbing. Students have access to all of the areas listed below
6,500 square-foot Fitness Center
- 10 treadmills, three upright and four recumbent stationary bicycles, two stair-climbers, nine elliptical machines and four adaptive motion trainers, all wired for cable television access and iPod docking stations.
- 22 Life Fitness Signature Series weight stations equipped with adjustable weights.
- Free weights and circuit weight machines.
- Pilates, stretching and floor exercise area
- 30-foot climbing wall that can accommodate six climbers
Hoover Fieldhouse & Track
- 200-meter competition track open to runners and walkers
- Four multipurpose courts for tennis, basketball, volleyball and more
- Wooden-floor courts for basketball, volleyball, recreation
- Two racquetball courts
- Golf hitting area
- Walking, jogging track
- Six-lane 25-yard pool with three lanes dedicated to lap swimming
- Recreational swimming area with zero-depth entry
- Water slide
- Vortex pool
- 11-person hot tub
- Steam room
- Wet classroom available at extra charge for swimming parties
Other Member Benefits
- Special rates on group fitness classes and personal training
- Free admission to all Wartburg home athletic events